Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Here we go

I'm starting this blog on what could be a life changing day, I am potty training my son. He is 2 and will be 3 on the 5th of November and honestly he has been probably been ready I'm just not a fan of change. So here I am 7 1/2 months pregnant, my husband is training for his first deployment and I am putting on my big girl pants and potty training him. I know it's not going to be easy, he's stubborn and I'm inconsistent but honestly, it's time. Who am I trying to convince, you or me? As I write this, he is dancing and watching Dora but I am so afraid he is doing the I just went in my big boy pants dance I can't help but ask him every two minutes if he went or needs to go. We have a timer set on my phone, so every half hour he can go and sit on his potty but we have been down this road before. Mommy gets tired of sitting around the house and fighting with Levi to get his butt on the potty and Levi gets frustrated with Mommy for yelling or being grumpy because we are stuck in the house. oh goodness. I am however determined this time around.  It helps this morning we took his diaper off after breakfast and he peed in his Cars potty. I was so proud of him & he was so proud of himself. 

We just had our first accident. I knew he had to poop but he kept telling me he didn't. Then he ran into his bedroom and tried to pretend he was "playing" for 2 minutes and wouldn't come out in the living room. I don't know how to handle that, I know I'm not supposed to yell at him but I have to show some type of disappointment right? I mean, I'm not supposed to just pretend everything is a-okay and let him continue...I just told him I wasn't mad that Mommy doesn't understand why he went in his pants and didn't just use the big boy potty. I set an alarm on my phone for every 15 minutes now and we will go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment